Friday 5 August 2022

, , , , , ,

21/11/11 Kim Raebin Birthday Interview


Source:
Debut or Die Magazine Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Extra


Raebin's profile picture:

[Kakaopage-nim has invited Kim Raebin-nim.]

Interviewer: Hello! KKP acquaintance has come back. To start this interview, please give us an introduction and say hello to Loviewers in South Korea.

Kim Raebin: Hello! I'm in charge of rap and producing in TeSTAR, turning 21 years old today, Kim Raebin.

Kim Raebin: Nice to meet you in today's interview!

Interviewer: Raebin-ssi's birthday is on 11/11 right? Happy birthday! Did you receive many birthday presents?

Kim Raebin: I've received generously so many greetings and presents. I'll do my best in the next year to not disappoint the expectation that everyone gave me!

Interviewer: Wow~ It's your birthday but I heard you've prepared Pepero presents for Loviewers in South Korea!

Kim Raebin: As it's a unique day where the number repeats, I thought of various celebration events. I followed the event recommendation from the staff that is most popular and will relate to many people.

Kim Raebin: I hope you will enjoy it.

Interviewer: That's very cool! Please join the event a lot.😊

Interviewer: Then let's now start Kim Raebin's interview!


Interviewer: 1st question⭐️

Interviewer: Q1. Since your birthday is on 11/11, I feel like you received many Peperos. Do you like it more that it's Pepero Day or Rice Cake Day? (in South Korea, 11/11 is both Pepero Day and Rice Cake Day)

Kim Raebin: This is embarrassing to say but I didn't have many friends when I was little, so I didn't get many Peperos! However, for the general public, I think it would be better to be aware of it as Rice Cake Day.

Kim Raebin: But... I would like to ask for Loviewers' generous understanding that I'm giving out Peperos considering the transportability and preservation of the items.

Interviewer: Loviewers will like all presents that Raebin-ssi gives!


Interviewer: 2nd question⭐️

Interviewer: Q2. Did you dress up for Halloween? If you did, tell us what costume did you wear!!!

Kim Raebin: If it doesn't overlap with another special occasion, we regularly prepare for Halloween content. If you're interested, you can watch it on our official channel on WeTube!

Kim Raebin: This year, everyone dressed up as villains from popular hero movies. I dressed up as a Mad Rabbit in a gentleman suit who can predict the future due to radioactivity.

Kim Raebin: It's my first time wearing a green wig, but I was glad because everyone said I looked scary.

Interviewer: Wow... the costume suited Raebin-ssi very well hehe


Interviewer: 3rd question⭐️

Interviewer: Q3. When you look in the mirror after showering, do you ever think that you're handsome?

Kim Raebin: Since it's after showering and I've become clean, sometimes I think that I look objectively better than before I shower...

Kim Raebin: But I never get conceited. I will work hard to show a cooler side of me!

Interviewer: That's really an answer from the Confucian boy Kim Raebin-ssi~ Interviewer: 4th question⭐️

Interviewer: Q4. What do you remember the most in your grandmother's home?

Kim Raebin: As I've been living in my grandmother's house since my childhood, I have a lot of memories there. Out of those many memories, the happiest memory that often comes to my mind is when I get a stomachache, my grandmother will stroke my stomach and sing a lullaby for me. I hope that one day I will be able to give such comfort to someone else too.

Interviewer: That's really a heart-warming memory😊


Interviewer: 5th question⭐️

Interviewer: Q5. Raebin-ah, your hand size.. What's the ranking of the members' hand size????

Kim Raebin: The members' hand size...

Kim Raebin: My apologies but we don't really measure them out, so I can't be sure. However, when I think about moving a cooking pot, either Cheongwoo hyung or Lee Sejin hyung has the biggest hands.

Kim Raebin: For me, my hands are big enough to comfortably play until the 10th on the keyboard!

Kim Raebin: Ah, the 10th means 'Do until (the next octave) Mi' notes.

Interviewer: If you can reach 10 notes that means Raebin-ssi's hand is on the bigger side😊


Interviewer: 6th question⭐️

Interviewer: Q6. During the final ranking announcement, you only called your grandmother and grandfather, but not your big sister. Did your sister get upset?

Kim Raebin: About that, I’ve settled it with sending her bulk signed albums after our debut. Because I was really nervous then, I really felt unfortunate that I couldn’t deliver a precise speech towards my sister and fans too. I’m very much thankful and I love you for making me able to debut.


Interviewer: Next is 7th question⭐️

Interviewer: Q7. Captain! When will you be returning to Rabbit Country??

Kim Raebin: Rabbits have their own country too?

Kim Raebin: Is this some kind of metaphor?

Kim Raebin: I’m sorry! So that was a joke because of my ‘Rabbit’ nickname. I’ll return back to that country as fast as possible and keep my duty!

Interviewer: Oh no😂 I should have said it was a question for humor only! Thank you for your answer hehe


Interviewer: Q8. I’m really curious about how do you usually get inspiration to produce songs… I’m always rooting for you, genius Rabbit Kim Raebin!!!!

Kim Raebin: I thought about it thoroughly, but I think there’s no any special similarity on the times I get inspiration.

Kim Raebin: However, there are times when clear images come in a sequence to my mind and I can express the feeling and story that I want in an instant. Those are the times when I want to experience the feeling in that impressive or enjoyable situation again.

Kim Raebin: Of course, I also feel the desire to create songs during directed discussions. In particular, Moondae hyung often gives me ideas. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank him!

Interviewer: So Moondae-ssi supported in Raebin-ssi's song producing too! I've always been supporting you too so I was curious about this question too.


Interviewer: Q9. Your first and current impression of TeSTAR members!!

Kim Raebin: The hyungs were extremely kind and friendly even though we were in a survival program, I’ve respected them from the first impression and I still do respect them now! But as we spent time together for years and I learned about new sides of them, I have broadened my horizons.

Kim Raebin: Such as, I’ve thought that during Bae Sejin hyung was in the survival program, he had outstanding facial expressions on the stage and an honest personality, but recently, I’ve learned that he has a lot of courage too.

Kim Raebin: Ahyeon hyung is often over-kindly magnanimous. Today, I almost went out wearing Ahyeon hyung’s coat because I mistook the position, but he told me that it suits me instead and that he would gift it to me…..

Kim Raebin: I was contemplating if it was okay to mention this spontaneously as I could be being rude, I shall ask for their permissions in the group chat and reply back to you!

Interviewer: Loviewers are also curious about your first impression of Eugene-ssi! As you’ve spent a long time with him, I’m curious about your first and current impression of him!

Kim Raebin: Ah, about Cha Eugene.

Kim Raebin: My first impression of Cha Eugene isn’t much different from now. He was lively and couldn’t control his energy back then, similar to now, but I just felt more frustrated then because we couldn’t communicate well because of language barriers.

Kim Raebin: However, I acknowledge that he has matured a lot.

Interviewer: His impression is very different compared to the hyungs' 😂


Interviewer: It's the 10th question!

Q10. I’m curious about the album promotion that left you the biggest impression after debuting and the reason for that.

Kim Raebin: I often remember about our debut song promotion.

Kim Raebin: It was very meaningful to me because we were able to release an album for the first time with a song that I rearranged myself, and it was my first experience of diligently focusing for the song promotion during the given period with the members.

Kim Raebin: I sometimes search for the behind the scenes for that music video.

Interviewer: I still remember when <마법소년> first came out just like it was yesterday.

Interviewer: Ah! If you're seeing this interview and want to watch <마법소년> MV Behind Video, you can check it on the official WeTube account!😉


Interviewer: Next is the 11th question.

Interviewer: Q11. What is your favorite nickname made by fans?

Kim Raebin: I’m thankful for all the nicknames, but I like ‘Filial Rabbit’ the best. I’d like to show my grandparents, parents, members and fans that I live up to my nickname.

Interviewer: Rabbit appears here too! The next is a question that follows it too. It's!


Interviewer: Q12. What do you think about your Rabbit image?

Kim Raebin: I was a bit shy because it was my first time getting nicknamed like that… However I’m just thankful that you thought of me as helpful and warm like rabbits. I’ve gotten used to it that my family now calls me Rabbit rather than Puppy.

Interviewer: So your grandmother and grandfather called you Puppyㅠㅠ I was looking at the next question and it flows with your answer.


Interviewer: 13th question!

Interviewer: Q13. What are your thoughts about being chosen as the number one idol people want to be their grandson in Forbes?

Kim Raebin: Forbes… knows me?

Kim Raebin: Ah, so this was a joke too! Thank you. I will continue to work hard to keep the reputation that comes from this joke.

Interviewer: We heard your thoughts well, Raebin-ssi! Through your thoughts, I think I understand the feeling of wanting you to be their grandson.😂


Interviewer: Continuing to the 14th question!

Interviewer: Q14. Raebin-ah, what should I do if someone gave me 5 billion won and told me to stop liking you? ㅠㅠ

Kim Raebin: If you were offered an astronomical amount of 5 billion won, I think that you should definitely take it… However, behind the meaning of stop liking me, is it against the conditions if you continue to watch my stage and song promotions?

Kim Raebin: I’m sorry. I think that it is overly difficult to do.

Kim Raebin: Still, as long as that situation doesn’t happen, I will continue to show a good performance so that you’ll continue to like me.


Interviewer: It's the 15th question. Two questions are similar so I'll combine them. First, Q15. Out of all the images that you use in your messages, which image do you use the most and like best?

Interviewer: And, where do you get them?

Kim Raebin: You mean the image files that I use!

Kim Raebin: My grandmother and grandfather send me a blessing message every day, but I share the text images that are very touching and meaningful to people who are close to me too

Kim Raebin: This is the text that I use the most recently.

Kim Raebin: (Happiness is near us~ *^^*)

Interviewer: Wow, thank you for sharin this!! I'll save it right away😊 I think it's really great to share blessing messages with people who are precious to you.


Interviewer: Next, Q16. How did you start writing songs !!!

Kim Raebin: I don’t remember the details of my first time, but I got interested after seeing my uncle, who often came to my house, enjoying rearranging a trot song when I was in elementary school.

Kim Raebin: After that, I learned basic composition writings through the children hobby and learning materials provided by the city, and my grandfather gifted me a computer, then I taught myself how to use the programs by watching videos.

Kim Raebin: I remember during that, for my first time, I rearranged the school song and thankfully I received many positive feedbacks!


Interviewer: So Raebin-ssi started producing since then!😊 Then I'm also curious about this question. Q17. How did you start to dream about becoming an idol?? Was it because idols look cool on stage ㅜㅜ or something like that ㅜㅜ

Kim Raebin: At first, I was wanted to become a songwriter, but when I joined the company, they positively suggested me to become an idol trainee and I started to practice for stage performances.

Kim Raebin: And when I tried it myself, I really think there was an unique charm in being an idol. Performing directly on stage is a completely different kind of rewarding and fun experience compared to writing songs!

Kim Raebin: Since then, after watching cool performances from various idols, my desire to perform on stage in my best form with my song increased and I became enthusiastic to become an idol.

Kim Raebin: And saying it honestly… Cha Eugene gave me a lot of help in this process.

Interviewer: That's heart-warming. Cha Eugene-ssi will be happy too. I'm sure a lot of people are curious about episodes of you two who have spent a lot of time together! How timely, Eugene-ssi appears in the next question!


Interviewer: Q18. How did you become close with Cha Eugene? & Tell us a story about when you and Eugene were trainees hehe!

Kim Raebin: I was added to the same trainee group around the same time as Cha Eugene in our previous company, so we naturally talked to each other.

Kim Raebin: When Cha Eugene was a trainee, compared to now, he was more easy-

Kim Raebin: I’m sorry. I worded that wrongly! He had a more carefree personality, so there were some hard times, but he was kindhearted and extremely talented so he got used to the situation quickly.

Kim Raebin: Something that happened during our trainee period… One time, my big sister came to Seoul and bought us pork ribs. Cha Eugene, who ate it for the first time, was eating it really deliciously so she bought us the same menu again the next day.

Kim Raebin: To add to that, it was the first time Cha Eugene and my sister met.

Interviewer: Oh... That must be really memorable... In this interview, Raebin-ssi's noona appears a lot, so!


Interviewer: Q19. If you had to introduce a member to become a partner for your big sister, which member would you choose? Tell us the reason too!

Kim Raebin: My sister is already meeting someone so I think that would be an unethical behavior…

Kim Raebin: Also, with my duty as an idol, I’m worried that it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to introduce my colleagues to my family members for dating purposes.

Kim Raebin: Of course, all the members are trustworthy and they would have a wholesome relationship! In particular, as a marriage partner, I would recommend Moondae hyung and Cheongwoo hyung.

Interviewer: Loviewers in South Korea! Please remember to prepare marriage registers and divorce documents!


Interviewer: It is the 20th question. This time too, it's this or that game that are requested by many people! I think this will be a fixed corner hehe

Interviewer: 9 year old Cha Eugene vs 9 Cha Eugenes

Kim Raebin: Hm, on the assumption that this would be only for temporary, I would choose 9 Cha Eugenes. I feel like we could show a very unique performance.

Interviewer: Not using formal language towards with the hyungs vs not calling Cha Eugene with ‘Stupid!’

Kim Raebin: !

Kim Raebin: Do Loviewers think I use foul language too often towards Cha Eugene? I’m sorry. I’ll refrain myself from doing that!

Interviewer: Meal made by your grandmother vs meal made by Moondae

Kim Raebin: That

Kim Raebin: My deepest apologies but it is very hard to give an answer to that. Because I often unilaterally get to eat meals made by them, I don’t think I have the right to judge them… And both of them are so talented that they feel almost very similar to me.

Interviewer: No! It's alright. This is a light question just for fun, so if the answer is difficult you can just explain it comfortably!


Interviewer: No.. This is already the last question...! Q21. I’m curious about your autograph >.<

Kim Raebin:


Kim Raebin: I created it using different languages in hoping that people will feel an excitement different from a name when they receive my autograph.

Interviewer: I think this will be a huge present to Loviewers in South Korea


Interviewer: Like this.. the interview with Kim Raebin-ssi has endedㅠㅠ To end this, please give your final words to Loviewers in South Korea!

Kim Raebin: Thank you for giving many compliments and encouragement to me who is still lacking. I will do my best at the age of 21 to show Loviewers a better song and performance in the next album.

Kim Raebin: The weather has been getting colder recently, so please stay even more healthy, and I hope to be able to meet you guys through many broadcast media and concert. Once again, thank you!

Interviewer: Thank you! I will come back in December with more news💛

[Kim Raebin-nim has left the chat.]


Kim Raebin solo background picture:



Kim Raebin Extra Interview

*The interview below were recorded and written into text*

Hello, Readers and Loviewers! Recently, to celebrate TeSTAR Kim Raebin's birthday, we had an interview~ but Raebin said, 'The amount of information I gave was lacking compared to the other members.', thus we had a short call interview per his request.

The connection with South Koriya was difficult so we could only have a short extra interview via the call, but we hoped Raebin's sincerity will reach Loviewers.


Interviewer: Hello, Raebin-ssi. Thank you for accepting the call. Is it alright if we have a short QnA through this call?

Kim Raebin: Ah, yes! I've heard about it. The time will be short, but please ask me comfortably!

(Behind the phone, we could hear the sound of the members getting curious and Raebin-ssi explaining the situation. It seemed like they’re currently together enjoying a break in the living room.)

Interviewer: Thank you. Then this is the first question.


Interviewer: It seems like you’re on a break right now, how are you spending your break?

Kim Raebin: Ah, right now, I’m writing a journal after taking a shower. I don’t write every day, but I make time every once or twice a week to write about impressive events that happened and how I felt about them. Writing it is rewarding as I feel like I’ve completed my daily life well.

Kim Raebin: And it can be a precious memory or an inspiration when I look back again in the future, so I recommend everyone to try it sometimes!

(Behind the phone, we could hear someone saying ‘So that’s why Raebinie recorded a vlog during our disaster show~’ and sounds of someone getting shy. The harmonious atmosphere made the interviewer’s heart warm)

Interviewer: I’ll have to try writing a journal today.

Kim Raebin: That, actually, I usually write on the notebook that I carry, but I think it’s charming too to write the notes by hand!

Interviewer: I see. You have a definite preference like the new generation. Then I'd like to ask a question that's a bit bold...


Interviewer: When you received your first pay, what was the first thing that you bought with it?

Kim Raebin: Truthfully, I give all my pay for my family to handle and I live with the spending money that they gave me, so I haven’t bought anything big to commemorate it!

Kim Raebin: Ah, on the actual day I received it, I did buy an expensive ice cream to celebrate it.

Interviewer: The flavors must have been to your likings.

Kim Raebin: Yes. It was black sesame and green tea flavored. Hm, speaking about it, I did spend on something big that week. I bought a microphone for recording… (He changed the topic as he seemed to be embarrassed.)

Interviewer: Since it's for producing, rather than a spending, isn't it more like an investment? I think I see you producing often with laptop and other items. So...


Interviewer: How many electronic devices are in your dorm room?

Kim Raebin: (Short silence)

Kim Raebin: F-five? Please wait for a while!

(We could hear someone saying ‘I’ll check it for you’ and a mix of someone running and getting bewildered. Soon after, someone intervened the call.)

???: Haha, there are seven!

Kim Raebin: (Sounds of him taking breaths) Yes, yes! That’s right. (Behind the phone, we could hear the members laughing.)

Kim Raebin: There are two laptops, two smartphones, an MP3 and a tablet, and… a desktop PC! However, because the PC is not portable, I rarely use it, I only use it in case of an emergency.

Interviewer: It can’t be helped as you’re busy with the schedules. And one item came into my attention, so you still have an MP3!

Kim Raebin: Yes, my grandmother bought it for me as a present for advancing to the next grade when I was in elementary school and it still produces a good sound and quite useable. I want to stay thankful and not lose my initial resolution... and after using it for a long time, I get attached to it and continue to use it.

Interviewer: I see that you're the type to have an attachment with items. Then, do you probably get attached too...


Interviewer: Do you often produce songs until late at night?

Kim Raebin: (Sounds of him getting nervous)

Kim Raebin: It’s, it’s not that often… Only sometimes when it’s possible, schedule-wise.

(Behind the phone, it was loud with the sounds of boos and worries, saying it is a lie) Kim Raebin: Of course I get enough sleep to make up for it after that, and… through the recommendation from Lee Sejin hyung, together, I’m also doing pilates! To prevent my eyesight from getting worse, I’ve been constantly drinking onion juice so there’s nothing wrong with my health!

Interviewer: I see. I believe you. But, how timely, talking about eyesight...


Interviewer: How is your eyesight?

Kim Raebin: Around 0.6, I have myopia and slight astigmatism. It doesn’t interfere with my daily life, but I always use contact lenses when I appear in schedules and broadcasts. I am using products with good oxygen permeability, so fans don't need to worry about my health worsening due to my frequent use of lenses!

Interviewer: Yes. I'll emphasize on that part. Ah, amongst TeSTAR members, in your official schedules, you're popular with having the most accessories in your styling...


Interviewer: Are there other products that you usually use in your daily life aside from contact lenses?

Kim Raebin: Hm, certainly, I think I use piercings the most frequently. Rings obstruct me when I use the keyboard or write journals and necklaces keep hitting my face while I move around… so I used piercings to keep up my appearances as an idol. Currently, I often use them on my ear cartilages.

Kim Raebin: Ah, and I also often wear the bracelet given by fans as a present. Thank you very much! However, I’m already receiving so much love, I would like it more for the fans to get something useful for themselves instead of giving me a present!

(Raebin-ssi mentioned bracelet brands that are supporting endangered animals and malnourished children, however, due to advertising issues, the part has been omitted.)

(And at this point, the time given for the interviewer was almost up.)

Interviewer: Raebin-ssi, from the phone call we had so far, I can feel that you live working very hard and earnestly in your daily life. For the last question, I'd like to ask a question that deals about it. That question is...


Interviewer: What are the clothes you’re wearing right now?

Kim Raebin: (Short silence)

Kim Raebin: I’m wearing... pajamas.

(Laughter and questions were faintly heard from behind the phone)

Kim Raebin: Yes… Uh, as the weather has been getting colder, I’m wearing microfiber pajamas… The model is a shirt and long pants. It’s navy-colored and small buttons are attached to it…

???: White rabbit slippers! Slippers!

(A short commotion happened)

Kim Raebin: No! That! I don’t always use them, but I wore them so that I don't spill water on the floor after showering!

Kim Raebin: And usually, even when I’m indoors, I try to keep my outfit neat.

Interviewer: Thank you for the detailed reply.

Kim Raebin: (Sigh of relief) (We could get a glimpse of Raebin’s usual personality from his detailed and specific answers.)


Interviewer: The time passed so fast. Raebin-ssi, once again, thank you for accepting our call in this evening.

Kim Raebin: Ah, is it the end already? I am the one who enjoyed sharing about various things. Thank you!

(Behind the phone, we could hear some people saying ‘Thank you’ and ‘Is it over?’. It seemed like they’re choosing what food to get delivered for their dinner.)

Kim Raebin: Then, I shall go back.


The phone interview ended like that.

A lot of people are curious about their heights, you'll be able to check them in the official goods that will be released soon, so stay tuned!

We look forward to the future of the healthy artist, Kim Raebin! And please support TeSTAR's activities too. Thank you!

1 comment: